Click here to SUPERSIZE the above 1885 map.
Below, a circa 1892 map by the Concord & Montreal railroad, produced by the same cartographer. Two significant differences can be noted in this later map. First, the approximately 20 mile long Lake Shore Railroad, which operated from Alton Bay to Lakeport from June 17, 1890 through May 25, 1935, is noted on the map. Also noted is the 4 mile long Tilton & Belmont branch, which opened in 1889, and operated from Belmont Junction (Lochmere) to a mill in Belmont. Click here (for part 1)and here (for part II) for more information about the Lake Shore Railroad. For more information about the Tilton & Belmont Branch, please click here.