Thyng’s text suggests that the original name for Spindle Point was Wonnalancet’s Arrow. Other name changes to come were Pitchwood Island, instead of Isle Margaret; and Governor’s Island, instead of Davis’s Island.
No 350: Lake Winnipisseogee From the Weirs (see webpage Weirs Beach’s Original Train Station)
No 351: Lake Winnipisseogee From the Weirs (see webpage Weirs Beach’s Original Train Station). As is typical of Kilburn, cards were sometimes reissued with a completely different photo, but the same series number. Below is a different No 351, with a view of Spindle Point. The train station view was the more common No 351.
No 353: Lady of the Lake (see webpage Weirs Beach’s Second Train Station. Scroll all the way down.)
No 354: Lake Winnipisseogee (photo unavailable)
No 355: Lake Winnipisseogee (see webpage Weirs Beach’s Second Train Station. Scroll all the way down.)
No 356: Lake Winnipisseogee (see above)
Below, a circa 1890 cyanotype view of Spindle Point
Here is a contemporary photo of Spindle Point, taken from the top of Brickyard Mountain on April 24, 2013. On the far left of the photo, in the sunlight, there is a bench where one can sit and admire the view. In the left foreground, the remains of an old stone fireplace are seen. There was a house in this location in the 1950’s-1960’s.