Built in 1926, the nearly 500-seat theatre was in continuous use until 1955 as a movie palace. In 1972-1977 it was used by a live theater group. The theater has laid dormant ever since. Below, photos of the Gardens Theater in 1954.
Interior photo of the Laconia Gardens theater
Posters from the Laconia Gardens theater, 1953
The Gardens Theatre in 1943. The featured movie was “No Place for a Lady”.