United Baptist Church of Lakeport

Colorized and non-colorized 1906 photos of the Park Street, “Free Will” Baptist Church, built in 1891-1892. The church still stands today, and is simply known now as the United Baptist Church. The church is listed on the NH Preservation Society’s 2021 “Seven to Save” list of landmarks. The steeple needs stabilization, and its stained-glass windows need upkeep.

The second church, in the background of the photos, is the Union Avenue Baptist church. The Union Avenue church opened in August, 1871, and was demolished in October, 1940.


Below, a postcard showing the two churches from a distance.

A contemporary photo of the United Baptist Church.