The Lakeside Garage not only serviced autos, it was also a convenience store. According to a 1921 Laconia Democrat article, G. Henry Davis, who had managed the nearby Tarlson’s store for 20 years, entered business for himself at the new garage. He was the local agent for S.S. Pierce Co. of Boston, and offered a full line of package groceries, canned goods, fruits, vegetables, candy and cigars. Could that be him in the white shirt and tie standing at the door to his shop? The sign over his head cannot be read, but the first sign on the left reads “Fancy Groceries”.