Sixteenth Regiment (1887-1990’s) in 1897. This building was one of the most recent NHVA buildings to be lost, as it burned down in January of 1995. An investigation revealed that the fire was set intentionally.
Group photo, date unknown
Below, the original, 1885 plan for the 16th regiment building. This was the cover of a fundraising document which noted that “The object of the cottage is that when the comrades and their families visit the Weirs they may have a pleasant home, where we can meet each other and recall the scenes and experiences of our army life…We wish to erect such a structure as will be an honor to the regiment and the association to which we belong…”
A share of stock demonstrates how the ownership of the building was transferred amongst individuals.