Above, note the mispelling “Edincott”
Note below the mispelling “Wiers”
Below is the oldest known photo of Endicott Rock. It is from a stereoview by W.L. Wilder, whose photos of the Weirs Channel are also the oldest on this website. The Rock is the flattish, second boulder from the right. The large boulder on the right was eventually removed, but not until years after the monument was built.
The photos of the Endicott Rock monument below date between 1892, when the monument was built, and 1901, when the “Captain Jack” statue was added to the top of the monument. Note the wooden bridge shown in the photos; the bridge was only upgraded to steel when the statue was installed in 1901.
Below, a 1936 image
Below, 1960s images