Third Regiment (1885-1924) in 1897. The only Veterans building destroyed in the great Weirs Beach fire of 1924, which also destroyed the grand New Hotel Weirs, as well as many other buildings.
By 1930 a new building had been constructed on this location. Over the years, the new building has had various incarnations and remodelings. First a diner named Jean's Cafe, then an Italian restaurant of the same name; later a fast food/pizza eatery under different ownerships. The building is currently vacant. At one time a Veterans museum had been planned for this location; current plans are unknown.
Various Third Regiment ribbons and buttons. The 1889 ribbon honored Egbert Ludovicus Viele, a distinguished New York City civil engineer and topographer, and brigadier general during the Civil War. The 1891 ribbon is notable for its reproduction of the Third Regiment HQ. The 1919 ribbon curiously dates the Third's reunion as the 47th, although for the NHVA, 1919 was only the 43rd reunion.